What's been happening since the last update? Well, quite a bit actually....
First off, I added some debris particles to the bat explosion - just some simple stuff using existing code.
Tidied up some code and got rid of some that was no longer needed, tidied up a couple of routines.
As alluded to last week, I've made the arena a bit smaller by 2 blocks width. I updated the relevant bits of code pretty quickly, but as suspected, it pretty much took a couple of evenings to update all the level data (as its hard coded into the game, I'm too lazy to make a level editor). Took the opportunity to tweak some of the levels while I was at it.
Had a good test and it plays much better - here's a quick screenshot of one of the later levels..
I'm Telling You...It was ALIENS!
Yep, finally started work on adding the aliens.
- Finished amending some of the arena graphics to accommodate the spawn points. They're unnoticeable unless they spawn an alien.
- Knocked up a quick graphic so I can actually test something.
- Created the alien object and code to actually create them in game.
- Added a spawn timer & trigger for each of the doors.
- Worked out on paper what I want the spawning effect to look like.
And that it for another update.