Sunday 22 November 2015

Retronoid - Update XII

Unfortunately I've been landed with a pretty big, unplanned project at work, so time to work on this is going to be a little limited until at least Christmas. I also had the prospect of Jury Service hanging over my head, but have managed to get that moved back to next year. Done it before, utter waste of time, not looking forward to it again.

I'm also trying to get a little relaxation / gaming time in as the latest Kerbal Space Program content patch has been released. Explosions galore :-)

That said, what's been happening over the last week or so?

Firstly, I've started in on the menu system - it's only going to be a simple thing so its coming together pretty quickly. I've got the main menu being displayed, a demo level with the ball bouncing around running in the background and you can start / quit the game.

Secondly, I've added a launch angle target to the bat. So, when the ball is on the bat at the start, or captured by the Sticky Bat powerup, holding the right mouse button down will change the launch angle of the ball (within certain parameters). It's only a simple line at the moment, and needs jazzing up a bit with some effects, but the mechanism is in and working correctly.

I know what I want to do at level start / transition etc (on paper at least), so the next thing is probably starting to integrate that.

Short and sweet this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment