I'm also trying to set myself some weekly goals on stuff to achieve. The goals for this week were:
1) Debug the brick collision routine
2) Add some BMPFont stuff for displaying the scores
3) Add spin to the ball
Well, I havent had as much time as I thought to work on this, but I actually managed to:
- Totally rewrite the brick collision routine. Its got one minor bug that Ive found, but other than that, its there.
- Optimised a whole bunch of code & modularised another bunch
- Added a brickcounter so I can tell when end of level reached
- Added a ball reset when it goes off the bottom of the screen
So, I'd say a good week overall.
Goals for next week:
1) Finish the brick collisions
2) Finish the bat collisions
3) Add a "destroy block" special effect
4) If time allows - add a couple of extra levels and add level switching
And if you haven't already - go check out GameDev.Life, especially if you're interested in getting started making games.