Friday 13 March 2015

Retronoid - Update

I'm going to try and do a weekly update on this while I'm working on a game - wonder how long that will last?

I'm also trying to set myself some weekly goals on stuff to achieve. The goals for this week were:

1) Debug the brick collision routine
2) Add some BMPFont stuff for displaying the scores
3) Add spin to the ball

Well, I havent had as much time as I thought to work on this, but I actually managed to:
  1. Totally rewrite the brick collision routine. Its got one minor bug that Ive found, but other than that, its there.
  2. Done
  3. Missed
  4. Optimised a whole bunch of code & modularised another bunch
  5. Added a brickcounter so I can tell when end of level reached
  6. Added a ball reset when it goes off the bottom of the screen

So, I'd say a good week overall.

Goals for next week:

1) Finish the brick collisions
2) Finish the bat collisions
3) Add a "destroy block" special effect
4) If time allows - add a couple of extra levels and add level switching

And if you haven't already - go check out GameDev.Life, especially if you're interested in getting started making games.

No comments:

Post a Comment